Spectrometer is an instrument used to study the spectra of a material as well as to find its refractive index also. This is done by producing spectral lines and after that, wavelengths and intesities can be measured.
Sigma Spectrometers stand on top when it comes to quality, accuracy and workmanship. Our Spectrometers are exclusively provided with a buil in light system to read the Vernier scale. The light system in our Spectrometers is unique in its class and adequate in terms of illumination, enabling the user to read the Vernier scale easily. Our Spectrometers are checked tested and aligned in such a way that the optic axis of collimator and telescopes pass through the vertical line in the center of the prism table through the same point at all positions of the telescope.
Spectrometer Model (Sig-1A)
- 6" Scale Diameter.
- Best quality achromatic objectives of 7” focal length and 1” diameter and 10x eye piece with sharp cross lines are used.
- Sharp adjustable brass slit is provided on the collimator tube.
- Central cone bearing system gives smooth round motion to the moving body on which scale and telescope are fixed.
- The central brass axle on which the verniers are mounted is tapered in shape ensuring accuracy for all times.
- A spring loaded prism table is very accurately placed in the center of the scale.
- Built in Light Syatem to read the Vernier scale.
Spectrometer Model (Sig-2B)
This spectrometer is used to perform Ultrasonic Experiments. Using this spectrometer, the results are more accurate than the conventional method in which the length of the telescope is measured and the number of divisions on the micrometer scale are counted. The long tube enables a wide grating spectrum enabling the students to easily distinguish them.
- The diameter of the brass scale is 7" and vernier constant is 1 minute.
- The frequency of oscillations is of the order of 3MHz.
- The spectrometer is provided with 20" long telescope to enhance its magnification using 50mm dia acromatic objective lens.
- The collimator tube is provided with 1" diameter acromatic objective and a sharp adjustable slit.
- The liquid is set into longitudanal vibrations mechanically using a crystal and RF oscillator.
- The telescope is factory adjusted for parellel rays; a cut mark is made on the inner adjustable tube. This
mark is concided with the edge of the outer black painted tube, thus the telescope is set for parellel rays.
- The telescope and the collimator tubes can be adjusted by fine & smooth rack and pinnion arrangement.
- The conventional prism table is replaced by a special rectangular table on which the glass cell is placed.